CDC guidelines for the office
Whether you’re in the midst of transitioning your remote workforce back to the workplace, or you’re an essential business that has continued operations throughout the pandemic, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers a wealth of resources to ensure you’re providing a safe and comfortable workplace for your employees.
Below we’ve outlined some of the top resources for you to bookmark as you continue to manage your business throughout COVID-19.
For businesses currently developing a reopening plan
If you are still working on your office reopening plan, these resources are a good starting point to ensure your plan is inline with current CDC recommendations.
- Resuming business toolkit -- This is a great starting resource to reference if you’re just beginning to plan your workplace reopening. It includes restart readiness checklist to ensure workplace safety, a worker protection tool to reduce transmission among employees working onsite, and an infographic you can print and hang in your workplace to remind employees of new office requirements such as social distancing policies and cleanliness recommendations
- How to check if your office building is ready to reopen -- An overview of steps to take in order to create a safe workplace environment
- Symptom screening for employees -- In-person and virtual strategies for screening employees for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure
- What you need to know about contact tracing -- Information for employers on how to approach contact tracing in the workplace
- FAQs for what to do if there’s a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the workplace -- Includes answers to questions like what to do if an employee comes to work with COVID-19 symptoms, what testing the CDC recommends for employees in a workplace, and what to do if an employee is exposed to COVID-19 but isn’t showing any symptoms
For essential businesses that have remained open
Even if you have continued operations throughout the pandemic, it’s a good practice to review current CDC recommendations every other month to ensure you’re providing a safe and comfortable workplace.
- Best practices for cleaning and disinfecting the workplace -- Everything you need to know to effectively clean your workplace
- FAQ for slowing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace -- An up-to-date overview of the most commonly asked questions for slowing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace
- Industry-specific guidelines -- Guidance, fact sheets, and tools for many industries and occupations including manufacturing, food services, and transportation and delivery
Looking for an affordable and easy to use virtual symptom checker?
Scoop takes the uncertainty out of bringing teams back together by building employee confidence through shared health and safety guidelines, reducing operational risks, and enabling contact tracing should an outbreak occur.
Complete the form below and our team will schedule time with you to show you how Scoop can help you reopen your workplace.